If your organization has frequent software development needs and you would like to have a dedicated team, we can staff and manage a team for you.
Many companies have software developers in house, yet most do not have an understanding of what is truly involved in the software development process. Developing software takes more than a software developer. It takes a team. Someone on the team needs to be able to ask the correct questions of the business unit. There needs to be someone to write the specs that help everyone on the team share the vision of what the software must accomplish to be successful. Others on the team must be able to write the software, while others must test to be sure the software meets the specs and the users’ needs. Frequently, a developer is brought in and asked to do all of these things. More often than not, the software either misses the mark or ends up costing more than was necessary as a direct result.
Here are a few questions to ask to determine if you should be handling your own software development process:
- Does your software developer explain things in terms you understand?
- Do your developers understand the business Logic?
- Are your projects delivered on time and on budget?
- Do the applications they write meet the business needs?
- Do you have a high turnover of developers?
- Do you know how to screen developers so that you get the right developer for your project?
- Do you know if your developers are following best practices for the industry?
- Does at least one of your software developers have architectural level experience?
- Do you have a dedicated QA group?
- Do you have automated processes in place to minimize non value added work and to provide a quick turn-around of builds?
- Do you use tools to reduce the bugs that might get into the software?
- Are you able to keep up with all of the new software requests?
Whether you want us to provide the entire team or you want us to work with your existing team, we will strive to ensure that your needs are met. We operate as one big team, and it is important that we do what it takes to make you successful. Thirty plus years of industry experience, access to developers in our local market, and off shore developers, make it possible for us to staff for almost any size project.
Since some of our developers are off shore, we can provide support outside normal US working hours. It also gives us the advantage of offering highly competitive pricing that you wouldn’t normally receive with purely US based resources. If you prefer only local talent on your team, we will be happy to make the necessary accommodations for your project. All project management is handled by our US staff. We believe that good project management is the only way off shore developers can be effectively utilized.
Unlike when you use a staffing company, when you hire us you won’t have to worry about the costs associated with supplying hardware and software for our developers. We will provide all necessary tools and any associated licensing costs to ensure that our developers are as productive as possible.
If you have ever tried hiring and managing software developers, you know how challenging it can be to not only find, but keep good developers on staff. Let Walling Info Systems handle these challenges for you. Call us today at 864-214-2748 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation so we can discuss your needs further.